The Incarnation of Jesus through the Eyes of Others
An Online Retreat on Jesus' IncarnationRegister Now
Do you want to experience a retreat, but don't have the time or funds for a traditional retreat? Retreat in your own place, at your own pace.
In this no-cost eight-session retreat, you will delve deeply into Jesus' Incarnation by taking a fresh look at the events surrounding Jesus’ coming into the world through the eyes of his mother Mary, stepfather Joseph, the shepherds, wise men, and others. Each session will include:
- an audio podcast story/meditation,
- reflection questions,
- an additional offering to enrich your experience (music, images, articles), and
- the opportunity to discuss your thoughts and experiences with other retreatants.
What participants are saying about this retreat:
- The people came alive through the meditations in a way I had not experienced before.
- I thought more about the people of the story rather than the story itself—and that was a gift.
- The meditations were very sweet and I appreciated the questions.
- It gave me a new lens through which to see the various people who were involved in this story historically and I liked the connection to the other retreatants.
- Because of the meditations, I was better able to humanize the different Advent and Christmas stories. I was able to reflect on the people in these stories as multi-dimensional, as people instead of as archetypes or symbols or characters flat from so many retellings.
optional individual one-hour session of spiritual guidance via Skype/FaceTime
or phone is available for a US$75 fee.
Shirin McArthur is a spiritual guide, writer and editor from the American Southwest. She ponders the sacred through prayer, poetry, dance, photography, nature, and contemplation. She has offered spiritual guidance for over twenty years and has been leading retreats since the early 1990s.
Frequently Asked Questions
Register today to deepen your experience of Jesus' Incarnation!